Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 3

We are between Houston and San Antonio right now. We stopped last night at a Days Inn to get a good nights rest and a shower. We both feel much better now and not so sore as we have been. The goats also are doing better. We got them some fresh hay and they are eating away. Their eyes have also returned to normal.

We are looking for a Waffle House to have some breakfast but are not having any luck. I even did a search on my phone and could not find one. Not sure if they have taken over the west or not yet, but if not they will be missed as we love WH coffee.

We have seen signs for a place called Buc-ee's but was not sure if it was a store or restaurant. Well we finally took the exit for it hoping for breakfast. I should have took my camera inside. It was huge. It is a store with all kinds of gifts, you can get gas there, you can get groceries, and you can also get food to go. Like sandwiches, drinks, and coffee.

The part where i wish i had took my camera was because of the jerky. Now we have seen jerky before but nothing like this. There must have been hundreds of different types and sizes. I have never seen such big flat and curled pieces of jerky. Some pieces were bigger then my hand and at least as long as a normal size notebook. I mean wow!

In the end we left with some bad tasting coffee and heading closer to San Antonio in hopes of finding a Ihop or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment